Monday, August 31, 2009

LibraryThing

I was interested to look into LibraryThing since I had heard of it but had never taken the time to explore what all was there. I really liked it although I would rather spend more time reading than discussing the books. I think it will be helpful to keep track of books I am reading. I have just been doing this with a journal (when I remember to write them down). The ability to add tags is a plus. I did go to a couple of the groups to read postings and threads. This will be another useful site to tell patrons about if they are not already familiar with it. So many come in and can't remember if they have read a book or not. With LibraryThing, they can put their books into categories and make a list of books they want to read. I can see this being even more helpful with books in a series.Then they can get recommendations for similar books. The cataloging is fine for a personal library. I see no problem with it. This is another great tool that 23 Things has introduced me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment